Microplate dispensers typically use either peristaltic pumps or syringe pumps to deliver reagents. Each pump type has advantages, depending on the assay requirements. BioTek combines the two pumps in its Parallel Dispense functionality, making a single instrument capable of performing multiple tasks.
Peristaltic pumps offer a broad volume range and the ability to dispense up to 8 reagents at a time (with the standard 1 x 8 manifold). Peristaltic pumps can also help save on reagent usage with backflushing capability and inherent low dead volume. BioTek offers cassettes in 1-, 5- and 10- µL optimized sizes, for fast and accurate performance across the volume range.
Syringe pumps offer rapid dispensing even at high volumes and typically don’t require recalibration or costly consumables. Autoclavable syringe pumps and tubing are available to provide convenient sterilization.
One or two peri-pumps, plus a dual syringe module can be added to the MultiFlo FX for Parallel Dispense capability.
Two peri-pump dispense manifolds and two syringe pump manifolds fit compactly on the MultiFlo FX system.
Parallel Dispense Benefits:
- Up to 4 reagent dispensing without carryover
- Fast dispense speeds to 6- to 1536-well plates
- Angled tubes for gentle dispense to cell monolayers
- Broad volume range from 500 nL to 3,000 µL
- Space savings on benchtop and in automated systems
- Choice in dispense technology for a variety of reagent types